Sun01Oct201711:30 amMental Health Association of Nassau County, 206 Clinton Street, Hempstead, NY 11550
Raising the Bar to Wellness
Hosted and sponsored by the Mental Health Association of Nassau County. Co-sponsors are Hispanic Counseling Center (HCC), Maryhaven Center of Hope, Ciotta - T.H.R. Valuation Associates, and the Rick Eberle Agency.
Contact: Fern Schanback, Director of Business Development, 516-489-2322 x1111, firstname.lastname@example.org
Speakers and activities will include the Town of Hempstead showmobile featuring:
- Hip-Hop/Rap group One4Five
- Singers Sammi Rae Murciano and Ali B.
- Inspirational Speaker and Self-Help Blogger Ayana Iman
- Youth Inspirational Speaker David Flood
- Motivational Speaker Quentin Vennie (who will be speaking and signing copies of his book) “Strong in the Broken Places: A Memoir of Addiction and Redemption Through Wellness"
- Luv Michael founder Dr. Lisa Liberatore (a non-profit 501c3 organization that produces high quality organic, gluten-free, and nut-free granola with the goal of providing meaningful employment and on-the-job training to those diagnosed with Autism)
- Break dancers and graffiti painting from B.E.A.T.S. Cru, who will provide canvases for all to paint sayings of hope
- Dancefit Remix with Dance/Fitness instructor Reuben Edwards
- A jewelry booth from Pieces By Stacey N. Janet
- Bide-A-Wee animal rescue center
- Soul Cycle will be providing giving out free classes
- Massages will be given by James Messina of Hot Yoga of Carle Place
- Interactive booths run by Hofstra Students to raise awareness with ideas provided by Fresh Check
- Making rubber band stress balls and 100 Reasons to Stay buttons with messages of hope
- Representatives from Planned Parenthood of Nassau County
- Executive Director of the Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence Steve Chassman
- Food being served by Hamza & Madina Halal food truck, owner : Sal Mashriqi
- . . . and much more!